Monday, September 17, 2007

Hard Reseting the TyTN

The last 2 days were difficult for me. Difficult in one sense that I fought with my best friend about a trivial issue and it was all my fault. The other was that i was not able to synchronize my TyTn with a PC.(phew! what a difficulty in life, u must be saying).
I sync my WM6 to 2 PCs, one at the office and one at home and I was unable to sync to either.:(
Bent on finding a result, I tried
  • reg solutions
  • activesync reinstalls
  • office reinstalls
  • deleting mobile devices in async
  • syncing without Advanced USB Functionality
  • syncing over Bluetooth and IR
Everytime, it stopped dead after the Retrieving settings window and showed an error, that active sync failed and syncing was unsuccessful.

This was after after going for
  • ip allocations
  • subnet masking
  • metric and stuff
to get the mobile connected to a pc.When i was able to connect, i could browse the folders and stuff like that, but no activesync. Even with Bluetooth and IR, the same result.

The problem was obviously with the phone settings or some reg settings and it even showed other problems like empty Add/Remove Programs List and Unsuccesssful Cab Installations. So time for the dreaded Hard Reset, which can be evoked from the Settings by clicking "Clear Storage". This is the same as a hard reset and u have to type 1234 in the popup field to execute it.

The only thing i didn't try was cleaning up the temp folders, as some did, with positive results.Since cab installations were unsuccessful i was not able to explore this by installing any temp folder cleaner utilities.But i really have a positive feeling that it might've worked.Maybe next time...;)

No comments: